NC State’s Office for Institutional Equity and Diversity provides a host of resources that may be useful. A brief listing of several resources that are offered is below. Please go to the OIED website for more information.
About OIED (directly from the OIED website):
Diversity and inclusion is everyone’s responsibility, but the Office for Institutional Equity and Diversity (OIED) spearheads the effort. OIED seeks to create an NC State experience where everyone, regardless of beliefs, background, orientation or ability, feels at home as part of the Wolfpack.
At OIED, we strive to:
- Ensure equity and opportunity across campus
- Increase awareness of diversity issues through education
- Strengthen relationships across diverse groups
- Promote cultural competency development
- Foster a welcoming and respectful campus
- Provide services and outreach to the campus and community
- Adhere to accountability and compliance standards
- Prepare students, faculty and staff for local, state, national and global collaboration
A brief listing of several resources that are offered is below. Please go to the OIED website for more information.
Community Centers: Community centers, committees and affinity groups help students, faculty and staff find a welcoming home on campus.
- African American Cultural Center
- LGBTQ Pride Center
- Multicultural Student Affairs
- Women’s Center
Inclusive Excellence: Programming promotes diversity and builds cultural competency through a wide variety of educational opportunities for students, faculty and staff at NC State.
Equal Opportunity: Training, resources and assistance to address and end discrimination and harassment at NC State.